Who needs to pay the application fee?
You must pay the application fee if you are a non-EU citizen, unless you hold one of the Danish residence permits listed below.
The application fee is 750 DKK (app. 100 EURO) when you apply for one or more bachelor’s degree programmes in the same application round at the IT University of Copenhagen.
Exemptions for paying the application fee
If you hold one of the following residence permits, you are exempted from paying the application fee:
- Permanent residence permit ("Permanent opholdstilladelse")
- Permanent residence permit in another Nordic country (Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Greenland, the Faroe Islands) and you continue to live in the specific country during your studies
- Temporary residence permit with the possibility of achieving a permanent residence permit ("Midlertidig opholdstilladelse m.m.f. varigt ophold")
- Residence permit in as an accompanying child ("medfølgende barn")
- Residence permit as a convention refugee incl. family members ("Opholdstilladelse som konventionsflygning", jf. udlændingelovens § 7, stk. 1, og § 8, stk. 1)
- Residence permit as a foreigner with protection status incl. family members ("Opholdstilladelse som udlændinge med beskyttelsesstatus", jf. udlændingelovens § 7, stk. 2, og § 8, stk. 2)
- Residence permit as a foreigner with temporary protection status incl. family members ("Opholdstilladelse som udlændinge med midlertidig beskyttelsesstatus", jf. udlændingelovens § 7, stk. 2, og § 8, stk. 2)
- Residence permit according to the EU/EEA regulations ("EU-opholdsbekandgørelsen")
If you are in the process of applying for one of the above residence permits, but you have not yet obtained one, you must pay the application fee.
If you have one of the above residence permits that exempt you, it is very important that you upload documentation for it when you apply on optagelse.dk.
EU/EEA residence permits
If you are a non-EU citizen with permanent residence in another EU/EEA country, you are not exempt from paying the application fee or the tuition fees.
Who do not need to pay the application fee?
EU/EEA citizens do not have to pay the application fee.
- The application fee is 750 DDK (app. 100 EURO).
- Please pay the application fee before you upload your application on www.optagelse.dk. Your application will not be assessed until the Admissions Office has established that the application fee has been paid.
- Payment must be made to the following bank account. Please remember that you must upload a copy of your receipt on www.optagelse.dk alongside your application.
Holmens Kanal 2-12
1092 Copenhagen K
Banking account number: 0216 4069053815
Please note the following on the transmission “USB Fee”.
- If your application is successful, the application fee will be deducted from the first tuition fee payment that you make to the IT University of Copenhagen.
- If your application is unsuccessful, or if your application is successful but you choose not to accept the admission offer, a refund will not be given.
- A direct refund of the application fee is only possible if you have made one or more payments of the application fee without having submitted the relevant number of applications, or if you have paid the application fee even though you are exempt from it. Once you have submitted an application, you are liable for the application fee, even if you cancel the application. This means that if you pay the application fee, but change your mind about applying, you can only get a refund if you have not yet submitted the application. If you wish to request a refund, please contact email@example.com.