Preparation for online exam
This is a recommended minimum list to aid you prepare an online oral exam.
- Setup Zoom - download pdf guidelines.
- Ensure in advance that you have working web cameras, microphones and internet connections.
- The examiner will invite you to test equipment and setup with you in good time before the exam.
- Install the latest Zoom app on a mobile device with data subscription in case of technical issues and weak or unstable connections. Watch this video on how-to install zoom app on android.
Read more on Zoom setup.
- Practice your exam flow preferably with the examiner to be familiar with the environment.
- Arrange in advance how written and other forms of input during the exam are handled, writing/drawing on paper or otherwise.
- Arrange in advance how exam questions are drawn if relevant
- The examiner will schedule breaks and extra timeslots to be used in case of delay. We recommend a buffer for students who due to technical problems either do not show up or cannot complete the online oral exam.
- The examiner will decide if students attending a group exam are allowed to be in the same room. Students who are in the same room during a group exam must log onto Zoom individually using their own device and mute their microphone when they do not speak in order to avoid feedback loop.