Supplementary courses for quota 1 and 2
If you do not meet the specific admission requirements, it may be possible for you to take the relevant subject again to achieve a better grade or upgrade a subject to a higher level, depending on the possibilities in your home country.
In Denmark supplementary courses are offered by VUC. Please note, the teaching language is almost always Danish. Though Niels Brock offers a supplementary course in Mathematics B in English. Read more at the web page of Niels Brock.
If taking a supplementary course is a possibility for you, and you are unable to complete the course by 5 July, you must instead document that you are attending a summer supplementary course.
Conditional admission for quota 1 and 2
Conditional admission means that you will be accepted to the study programme given that you submit documentation for fulfilling the admission requirements through a supplementary course or an English test during the summer.
The final admission happens when you have passed the supplementary course with the required academic level and average grade or the English test with the required test result and submitted documentation for this no later than 10 September.
To be granted conditional admission, you must submit:
- Documentation for your enrolment in a supplementary course or English test no later than 5 July at 12:00 noon (CET)
Please note: If you are granted conditional admission into the Global Business Informatics or Data Science programme, your opportunity for admission into any programme that you have prioritized lower in your KOT application will lapse.
English language requirement
For students holding an upper secondary school certificate from an EU/EEA country:
We assess the level and grade(s) in English from your upper secondary school certificate and convert it into a Danish level and grade. This is to evaluate whether you meet the specific admission requirement in English B with an average grade of minimum 6.0 on the Danish 7-point marking scale. If you do not meet the specific admission requirement in English by your upper secondary school certificate you can meet the requirement in alternative ways (listed below).
For students holding an upper secondary school certificate from a non-EU/EEA country:
If you hold an upper secondary school certificate from a non-EU/EEA country, you must submit test scores from an English test. We accept the following English test with the mentioned results as equivalent to English B with the grade of 6.0:
- TOEFL paper-based test result of at least 600
- TOEFL iBT test result of at least 100
- IELTS (academic) test result of at least 7.0
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) passed
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) with a test result of at least 167
Test results more than two years old per 5 July are not considered. To register for a test, please contact a TOEFL or an IELTS test centre. The TOEFL code of ITU is 9015. The IELTS does not have university codes.
Moreover, you meet the specific admission requirement in English B with the grade of 6.0 if:
- you hold an English taught upper secondary school certificate from an EU/EEA country or USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Singapore
- you hold an English taught BSc or MSc degree from an EU/EEA country or USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Singapore