We use cookies to collect statistics

We use cookies to collect statistics and to improve the user experience.

By clicking OK or continuing, you accept our cookies for statistics.

If you wish to avoid cookies altogether, you must disable cookies in your browser settings. However, you should be aware that disabling cookies means that you cannot use the functions that require that the website remembers your choices. You can read more about how to disable cookies in your browser, and about the IT University's use of cookies here.

Accept cookies



The IT University has access to dorm rooms, but they are outsourced and administered away from the university. The semester accommodation period are fixed, and cannot be changed and are as follows:

  • The spring semester: 1 January/1 February to 14 July 
  • The autumn semester: 15 July to 31 January

The IT University will try to offer accommodation to all inbound exchange students. Further, we may be able to give residence places to some full degree students during their first semester of studies on a 'first come - first served' basis. However, we call your attention that there is no guarantee for places in student residences. Exchange students apply for housing along with the application for exchange, and full degree students apply within the following deadlines:

  • The spring semester: 15 December 
  • The autumn semester: 15 June 

All affiliated student residences are of similar standard and distance to the IT University and the city is easily manageable by bike and/or public transport. Most of the student residences are single rooms and the prices vary between 3000-4500 DKK. Furthermore we have access to a limited number of student residences for couples. The prices vary between 5100 DDK to 5400 DDK for these rooms. To apply for housing fill in the following application form and send it to sap@itu.dk:

Living in Denmark


You will automatically receive Danish Health Insurance when you are staying in Denmark for a period longer than three months, via the National Danish Security Number (CPR). This gives you the right to free medical treatment by doctors and in hospitals. Dental treatment and home transportation is not included. You must have a third party liability insurance and a home insurance to cover your personal belongings.

Non-EU students: Please be aware that the Danish health insurance does not cover you during your first six weeks.


All exchange students need to get an EU residence permit. EU/EEA students can get this after arrival. Non-EU students need to get this well before arrival to Denmark. The IT University will assist you with information for the visa procedure.


Living expenses in Copenhagen are on average 6.500 DKK per month/ app. 870€/ app. 635£ / app. 940 $ (exchange rate December 2015)

For more information about living and studying in Denmark:


If you have questions about administrative issues such as your enrolment, registration for courses and applications, please contact Student Affairs and Programmes.

Find our opening hours here

If you have questions about the study programmes at the IT University, please contact The Study and Career Guidance.

Find our opening hours here