Courses on BSc level
- A Danish high school degree/upper secondary education or another foreign or international exam.
- Additional to a high school degree/upper secondary education, you must fulfil the subject specific requirements to the bachelor programme. The specific requirements vary depending on what programme the course belongs to. Find the specific requirements here on our Danish website.
Courses on MSc level
- A bachelor's degree or professional bachelor's degree.
- English language qualifications on minimum Danish B level with a grade average of 3.0 (according to the Danish 7 point grading scale).
Courses on Professional Master level (part-time)
- A bachelor's degree, professional bachelor's degree, diploma degree or another medium-cycle higher education.
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience (30 hours/week) acquired after your qualifying degree. Relevant experience means that you must have experience with IT related and/or organisational issues. Exemption is not possible.
- English language qualifications on minimum Danish B level (passed).
- Danish language qualifications on Danish A level (passed).
Tuition fee and payment
There is a tuition fee per course that covers lectures and two exam attempts. We will send an invoice for payment, which must be paid before you can attend lectures and go to the exam. The deadline for timely payment is stated in the invoice. For some participants, the tuition fee is paid by their employer, while other pay for themselves.
The tuition fee is non-refundable once the course has started, except in the event of death, illness, stationing or the like. In such cases, you must send an exemption application together with documentation to ITU Professional Education.
Prices per course for EU/EEA citizens:
|Price per course of 7.5 ECTS || DKK 10.625 |
|Price per course of 7.5 ECTS (part-time master, incl. meals) || DKK 12.150 |
|Price per course of 10 ECTS || DKK 14.170 |
|Price per course of 15 ECTS || DKK 21.250 |
Prices per course for non-EU/EEA citizens:
|Price per course of 7.5 ECTS || DKK 18.800 |
|Price per course of 15 ECTS || DKK 37.600 |
Why do non EU-/EEA participants pay a higher tuition fee?
The IT University receives a fixed rate per course from the Danish Ministry of Science. Admission of non-EU/EEA students is not subsidized by the state. Therefore, the students must pay this difference themselves.
Residence and citizenship
You have to be a citizen inside EU/EEA or have a residence permit in Denmark (or one of the other Nordic countries) to apply for a single subject. Be aware that it is not possible to get a residence permit based on your application for a single subject.
Do you not fulfil the admission requirements?
If you do not meet the admission requirements for the course you want to apply for, you may apply for an exemption from the requirements. When you apply for a course via the application portal, you may attach the exemption application. The application must include an explanation of what you are applying for exemption from and why. In addition, you must provide documentation of the conditions for which you are applying for an exemption. You can only be granted an exemption from the admission requirements if the IT University assesses that you have the necessary academic qualifications.
In order for you to submit your application in the application system, you must upload your documentation in PDF:
You document your qualifying exam with a copy of your diploma and grades.
English language qualifications
When you apply for a MSc or Professional Master course, you must document English language qualifications corresponding to the Danish B level. You can document this with an English test:
- TOEFL paper based with minimum score: 560
- TOEFL IBT with minimum score: 88
- IELTS (academic) with minimum score: 6.5
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English: passed
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English: passed
When you apply for a MSc course specifically, you can also document English with a high school degree/upper secondary education. When documenting English with your high school degree, you must fulfil a grade average of 3.0 (according to the Danish 7 point grading scale).
When you apply for a Professional Master course specifically, you can also document English with: 1) a high school degree/upper secondary education (where English as a subject is passed and corresponds to minimum the Danish B level), 2) a bachelor taught in Danish from Denmark or 3) a high school degree, professional bachelor or bachelor taught in English from Denmark, another EU country, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
Danish language qualifications
When you apply for a Professional Master course, you must document Danish language qualifications corresponding to the Danish A level (passed). You can document this with the Higher Education Exam in Danish - also called Studieprøven i dansk. Read more about it here.
Relevant work experience
When you apply for a Professional Master course, you must document two years of relevant work experience. You can document this with an employer's declaration where your job description and the duration of your employment is specified. If you are self-employed, please document with annual statements or the like.
How to apply
You apply for single subjects in our application system. Please have the documentation ready before you begin the application process. It is also possible to save the application and return to it later.
When you enter the application system for the first time, you have three different ways to log in. You find help in the login guide.
If you need help to fill out the application and understand the process in the application system, you can read this application guide that goes through the application process step-by-step.
When you have completed and sent your application you will receive an advising mail on the e-mail address registered in the application system. When you receive an e-mail you have to log on to the application system to review you messages.
If you need help to fill out the form, please contact us.